Thursday, June 3, 2010

What is this?!

I really wish I could fall asleep and stay asleep on planes. I was reading in "People" magazine that Ellen Pompeo gets her best sleep on planes...yeah right! I probably got a total of five hours of sleep, it doesn't help having long legs, because then you have to move every 30 minutes. We arrived in Cape Town at 8am...2am NY time, I was extremely tired, but excited for the next 25 days :)

After exchanging ,money and buying phones/calling cards, we took a 45 minute bus ride to Wellwood Lodge in Fish Hoek. Once we arrived, we were shown to our rooms, ours was the smallest one! The room is actually smaller than the first room I had at JWU, I have to sit on the bed while Meganne gets ready, because there is not enough room to move around. We crammed our stuff into the room and went straight to Main Street to stretch our legs and get a feel for the town. We really just wanted to get on the Internet to catch up with people at home :)

The ring of the dinner bell motivated us to gather like cattle into the dinning room, eager for food. A green lumpy soup was put in front of us, but it was surprisingly good/different. The buffet line started, and since I was first in line, he had a plate ready for me, with a huge portion. My plate consisted of vegetables, salad, bread, and a lasagna type dish that had a creamy gravy type sauce that supposedly substituted marina sauce. For all those that know me, I am not as picky as I used to be, so I cleared my plate of everything except for a pill of the lumpy beef? gravy concoction. One of the women came to clear the table, she took one look at my plate, asked if I was done (which I was) and looked at me with a look of disgust, anger and disappointment because I said yes. she then left my plate on the table, but cleared everyone else's. Five minutes went by, another women came to clear the rest of the table, looked at my plate with the napkin on it, and turned around! At this point, I felt horrible, and decided to start swallowing the mush instead of chewing it. Let me just finish by saying I will not be eating tomorrow night dinner!

I hope everyone enjoyed their good ol' American dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment